If you were to ask what is one of the best headphones on the market regardless of price, the Focal Utopia would definitely be brought up in that conversation. The Utopia is one of the most acclaimed audiophile headphones currently available, and now Focal is updating it with a fresh new design. This new build hopes to bring an evolution to their flagship design both acoustically and aesthetically. The Utopia still harbors its ‘M’-shaped dome, pure Beryllium speaker drivers, and adds a new voice coil for extra reliability and lightness.
The forged carbon yokes, made from recycled carbon, are modern and sophisticated in style, whilst providing more lightness. The honeycomb grille, synonymous with Focal’s open-back headphones, and the Black Chrome ring showcase subtle design details, like the Yin & Yang on the outer case and the black and red double grille on the speaker driver.
- Type: Circum-aural, open-back headphones
- Impedance: 80 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 104dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: <0.2 % @ 1kHz / 100dB SPL
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 50kHz
- Speaker driver: 19/16″ (40mm) pure beryllium ‘M’-shaped dome
- Weight: 1.08lbs (490g)
- Cable provided:
- 1 x 5ft cable (1.5m) with 1 x 1/8″ (3.5mm) asymmetric TRS Jack connector and 2 x Lemo® connectors
- 1 x 10ft cable (3m) with 1 x symmetrical 4-point XLR connector and 2 Lemo® connectors
- 1 x Jack adapter, 1/8″ (3.5mm) point socket – 1/4″ (6.35mm) point plug
Carrying case included 9.8×9.4×4.7″ (25x24x12cm)
The new Focal Utopia 2022 is available at Audio46.