There are more ways than one to upgrade your at-home sound experience and iFi always comes up as one of the brands to look out for. Now, with their latest entry-level DAC/Amp combo, the Uno, more people will be able to hear great sound on a budget. The Uno is primarily a desktop DAC, and it is their smallest one yet. With this design, the iFi hopes the Uno to be many people’s first DAC.
The Uno’s cute, curvy case is made from tough, mineral-filled polymer and contains sophisticated DAC and headphone amp circuitry to upgrade the basic audio tech in all sorts of digital devices. Its USB-C input connects to Windows PCs, Apple Macs, and all manner of smartphones and tablets. It doesn’t require its own power source, receiving both power and audio data from the device to which it’s connected. And it delivers a perfectly processed, optimally amplified analog audio signal to headphones, powered speakers, or an amp and separate speakers.
- Unlock bigger, bolder, more detailed sounds to enhance your digital entertainment experience
- USB-C input: connect Windows PCs, Apple Macs, and all manner of tablets and smartphones
- Sophisticated D/A conversion and amplification elevates audio to a thrilling new level
- 3.5mm headphone output, plus stereo RCA to connect to an amp or powered speakers
- 32-bit ES9219 Sabre DAC chip with HyperStream III architecture Quad DAC+ technology
- Supports hi-res audio up to 32-bit/384kHz PCM, DSD256 and MQA
- Advanced features include Dynamic Range Enhancement and dedicated clock circuitry
- High-quality volume control and switchable gain to match your headphones
- Music, Movie, and Game EQ modes – adjust the sound to suit your choice of entertainment
- Mineral-filled polymer shell with aluminum front plate
- Finished in Air Force Blue
- Dimensions: 88x26x81mm (WxHxD)
The iFi Uno will cost only $79 and can be found soon at Audio46.