The iFi Diablo has been one of the brand’s best for a while now, and it’s about time for a significant update. With the Diablo being one of the best high-end portable DAC/Amps you can buy, it makes sense to keep things fresh. Now, iFi is bringing you the Diablo X, a new limited edition model with some newly upgraded features and a new coat of paint. This new USB DAC / Amp supports MQA, fully balanced 4.4mm headphone output, and will be the first device to feature xMEMs headphone support. The xMEMs support is certainly an interesting feature, and we’ll see if the Diablo X can make it a must-have for future devices.
- Custom-designed bias, EQ, and amp circuits for MEMS headphones
- Octa-DSD512/PCM768 and 2X DXD
- Dual-Core Native DSD/PCM Burr-Brown chipset
- Fully balanced 4.4mm output
- USB-A 3.0 and S-PDIF (3.5mm coaxial/optical) digital inputs
- 4.4mm Balanced output and 6.3mm SE
- Performance boosting ‘Direct-Drive’ and ‘Headamp Turbo’
- Clock system upgraded for lower phase-noise
- Digital engine upgraded with iFi Op-Amp Ov2028
- Analog section upgraded with iFi Op-Amp Ov2627
- Ultra-low noise iPower 5V power supply
The iFi Diablo X will cost $1,199 and will be available soon at Audio46.