Video streaming just got a little bit better! The Roku Streaming Stick adds a headphone listening feature through your cellphone.
Roku Streaming Stick Adds Headphone Listening Feature
The bite-sized streaming adapter, which now holds a quad-core processor and more power than any other stick in the industry, explains Variety, makes it faster, has improved Wi-Fi performance, and is private listening-able.
With the use of the Roku Mobile App, users can now privately listen to their favorite movies and TV shows without disturbing others. In older iterations of Roku, TV and film buffs could use the Roku remote as a headphone listening adapter. By plugging in a pair of headphones to the headphone jack, the TV set would stream all audio through the remote and to your headphones.
Now users can forgo the remote – just plug the provided in-ear headphones into your cellphone and open the Roku Mobile app. This app can be used with both iOS and Android systems. To boot, the app basically turns your phone into a remote – skipping forward, searching for new releases, and every other action in between is still possible.
The Roku streaming stick and private listening feature can be used with both wired and wireless headphones.
However, if you are a devoted Roku remote fan, the remote is still included. The Roku Streaming Stick and Roku Mobile app can enable voice search or provide an on-screen keyboard.
- Dual-band MIMO wireless for great connectivity
- Small, sleek design makes it simple to move between TVs in the home or use while traveling
- Cast video from Netflix and YouTube mobile apps directly to the TV
- Access to more than 3,000 streaming channels, including 300,000 available movies and TV episodes
- Roku’s comprehensive and unbiased universal search feature helps you find availability and pricing for movies and TV shows across more than 30 top streaming channels.
- The Roku Feed feature lets you know when your favorite entertainment, such as movies and TV shows, become available for streaming – and at what price