The workout true wireless game just got more interesting, with Sennheiser’s announcement of the CX200 TW1 Sport, or simply SPORT. With the Momentum True Wireless 3 possibly around the corner, Sennheiser has introduced a new set of earphones primarily focused on a more active audience. Workout earbuds have been dominated by many brands like JBL for years now, so Sennheiser stepping into the market brings some heavy competition. All of Sennheiser’s hallmark features make a return here, including their TrueResponse transducer and support from the Smart Control app. Here’s more from what to expect out of the new Sennheiser Sport True Wireless.
- Sennheiser Signature Sound – Powered by Sennheiser TrueResponse transducer, a
7mm dynamic audio driver that delivers a high-end sound experience with full bass.
- Adaptable Acoustics – Open and Closed ear adapter options let you choose an Open
style when you want higher running comfort with more situational awareness or a
Closed style that blocks outside noise for a focused and immersive audio experience.
Each style of ear adapter is available in 3 sizes for an optimal fit.
- Secure Customized Fit – Interchangeable fins and a choice of ear adapters let you
customize your earbuds to achieve a perfectly secure fit in sport or everyday use.
- IP54: Dust, Splash & Sweat Resistance – Durability you can count on for your toughest
workouts – SPORT True Wireless takes on dust, rain and sweat.
- Battery Life – 9 hours playback with up to 27 hours play back time with on-the-go
charging via the case.
- Built-In Equalizer – Tailor the sound experience using the Smart Control App which
includes audio pre-sets and a user-friendly equalizer.
- Intuitive touch controls – Touch interface control of music, calls and voice assistant
for effortless operation.
- Adjustable Sidetone – Sidetone makes phone calls more comfortable by letting
the wearer hear their own voice during calls. A slider setting in the Smart Control app
offers a choice of 3 levels of sidetones (Sidetone 0%, Sidetone 50%, Sidetone 100%).
- Connectivity – Compatible with Bluetooth 5.2. Connect to TV and Sport equipment so
you can stream your newest workout at home or stay connected in the gym and hear
clear crisp instructions during workouts with sound synchronized to on-screen media.
- Broad Bluetooth audio codec support – SBC, ACC, AptX™ codec support delivers
high-resolution audio for an optimal listening experience that also keeps sound
synchronized to on-screen media.
- Independent Earbud Use – Use either left or right earbud independently for music
listening and calls.
- Frequency response: 5 Hz to 21 kHz
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 110 dB SPL (1 kHz/0 dBFS)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0,08 % (1 kHz, 94 dB SPL)
- Frequency response (Microphone): 100 Hz – 10 kHz
- Pick-up pattern: 2 mic beamforming arrays (4 mic total)
- Operating time: earbuds: 9 hrs, charging case: 27 hrs
- Charging time: approx. 1.5 hrs
- Operating temperature: 0 to +40°C
- Operating relative humidity: 10 to 80%, non-condensing
- Weight: earbuds: 6.8 g, charging case: 41.6 g
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 5.2 compatible, class 1, BLE
- Supported Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP
- Output Power: 10 mW (max)
- Audio codec: SBC, AAC, aptX™
- Noise cancellation: false
- Transducer principle: dynamic, closed-back
The Sennheiser SPORT true wireless will cost $129, and is available for pre-order now from Sennheiser.