The industry leader in consumer noise-canceling headphones has finally revealed its latest model. Sony has provided us with some of the most innovative wireless headphone technology with its WH-1000 series and is looking to the WH-1000XM5 to continue providing that innovation with the return of their QN1 processor that controls eight microphones to maximize the quality of not only ANC but put more focus on phone calls as well.
Sony has also introduced a fresh new build design with the XM5, now sporting a thinner headband and new ear cups with soft fit leather pads for an even more lightweight feel. They’ve also provided us with a newly designed 30mm driver featuring a soft TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane) edge that enhances noise canceling. Low-frequency ranges are said to receive the greatest enhancement helping you enjoy your music precisely without ambient noise. The carbon fiber composite material is lightweight and the high rigidity dome improves sound clarity, especially in high-frequency ranges.
As far as features making a return, you can expect Sony’s DSEE upscaling AI to be supported once again, along with multipoint connection, and 360 Reality Audio with Dolby Atmos integration.
- Industry-leading noise cancellation optimized to you1
- Magnificent Sound, engineered to perfection
- Crystal clear hands-free calling
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (3 min charge for 3 hours of playback)2
- Ultra-comfortable, lightweight design with soft fit leather
- Multipoint connection allows you to quickly switch between devices
- Redesigned collapsible case made for easy storage in a bag
- WH-1000XM5 headphones feature intuitive touch control settings
- For everyday convenience, just Speak-to-Chat and Quick Attention mode stop your music and let in ambient sound
- Instant pause. Instant play.
The Sony WH-1000XM5 will be available for pre-order for $399.99 at Audio46.
Compare the ranking of various headphones, earbuds and in-ear monitors using our tools.
Discuss this, and much more, over on our forum.---
MAJORHIFI may receive commissions from retail offers.