Astell & Kern is back, and their first release of 2021 comes from their highly regarded A&Futura line. The SE180 is their latest portable accessory and is due to release sometime in May. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
• Includes SEM1 Module: Single DAC, ESS ES9038PRO, with New Generation AMP & TERATON ALPHA Technology
• Supports 32bit/384kHz, DSD256, MQA
• USB Type-C input; 2.5mm, 3.5mm & 4.4mm headphone ports
• BT Sync (new!); BT 5.0, aptX™ HD & LDAC
• 5 inch Full HD Display, 1920×1080
• Updated UI & Adjustable Gain
• 256GB internal memory + microSD card slot (up to 1TB)
One of the SE180’s special features is the inclusion of the SEM2 module. The removable item helps shape the sound of the device in a whole new way, providing a more versatile system. It will be sold separately for $349.
• Dual DAC, AKM AK4497EQ
• New Generation AMP Technology
• TERATON ALPHA Technology
• Supports 32bit/768kHz
• Native DSD512