Last year, Shanling released the M6 Pro, an upgraded version of their base DAP model which significantly bolstered its performance. Now Shanling is once again aiming to enhance the M6 even further with the announcement of the M6 Ultra. This new audio player is introducing major changes to its Android OS and its DAC chip, aiming to modernize the system with a sleeker user experience with a snappier Snapdragon 665 CPU, with an open Android 10 system.
Not only is the OS getting an overhaul, but Shanling is also looking to reintroduce the AKM DAC chipset, forgoing their former ESS Saber for their intended tuning. This will be a quad-DAC design to maximalize the potential that the AKM chips house.
- Dimensions – 127 x 77 x 18 mm
- Weight – 263g
- Display – 5-Inch 1920 * 1080
- Operating System – Open Android 10
- CPU – Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- Memory – Ram 4GB, ROM 64GB + single Micro SD card slot
- Hi-Res support – 32/768 & DSD512 & MQA 16X
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth 5.0, Transmitter: LDAC, aptX HD, aptX, SBC // Receiver: LDAC, SBC
- Wi-Fi – 2.4G/5G, supporting DLNA, Airplay
- DAC – 4x AKM AK4493SEQ
- Analog Circuit – OPA1612 + OPA2211 + LTA8092 + BUF634A
- Output Power – Single-ended 240 mW@32Ohm // 720mW@32Ohm Balanced
- Output – 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced
- Output impedance – Less than 1 Ohm on both outputs
- Battery – 5650 mAh, supporting 18W QC3.0
- Battery life – Up to 13.5 hours in single-ended and 9 hours in balance
The Shanling M6 Ultra will be available sometime in early August for $919. Find more from Shanling at Audio46.