Astell & Kern has unveiled it’s brand new, ultra-high powered, portable audio player and headphone DAC. The KANN ALPHA will bring high-resolution sound quality to a variety of headphones, with a complete circuit re-design.
KANN ALPHA, the third product in the KANN series, which is loved by audiophiles around the world, was designed to solve the problem of providing ultra-high power output in a digital audio player while ensuring a compact design.
- Powerful 12Vrms ultra-high-output
- Complete separation of balanced lines to provide noise-free output
- Crosstalk of 141dB and top notch audio performance through a new, complete circuit redesign
- 14 ½ hours of continuous playback
- Astell&Kern’s first DAP with support for 4.4mm balanced output
- Support for the latest version of Bluetooth 5.0 and 24-bit Bluetooth codecs (aptX-HD, LDAC)
- Artistic design and ultra-precision metal shaping technology perfected by Astell&Kern
- Dual ESS ES9068AS DACs, Quad-Core CPU
- Supports 32bit/384kHz, DSD256
- 12Vrms Output
- 4.4mm, 2.5mm & 3.5mm outputs
- Complete circuit redesign
- DAC filters
- Bluetooth 5.0, aptX HD, LDAC
- Internal storage: 64GB +microSD card slot
- 4.1 inch HD 720 x 1,280
- Aluminum body
This is the first of their portable models to include 4.4mm outputs at this price.
Astell and Kern also introduced for the KANN ALPHA leather cases that are designed to cover the entire product with a secure fit, not only providing the best grip of the player while holding it, but also a high level of protection.
KANN ALPHA cases are made of the finest Italian vegetable-tanned leather which provides a sense of luxury and exceptional design including its fit and color.
The KANN ALPHA will be available on October 19th for $1,099 and the cases for $149.00 at Audio 46
MAJORHIFI may get a commission from retail offers.