The popular manufacturer, who’s released some of the most critically renowned amplifiers, is launching a brand new device. This time it’s a sure to be high-quality streamer, the ZEN Stream. With the ZEN Stream, you’ll be able to connect to any audio system through a proper DAC. It acts as the perfect streaming partner for iFi’s other ZEN DAC products. This custom design uses hardware and software built from the ground up and uses open-source architecture. State-of-the-art high-resolution is supported over wifi, and can seamlessly integrate with streaming services such as Spotify and Tidal.
- Powerful 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex microprocessor
- 32-bit/384kHz PCM and DSD256 supported over Wi-Fi network or Ethernet connection
- Stream straight from Spotify/Tidal apps with Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect
- Integrated Airplay and Chromecast (Chromecast may be ready as FW update post-launch)– easy streaming from Apple and Android devices
- Roon, DLNA, and NAA compatible
- ‘Exclusive mode’ selection – dedicated streaming modes (e.g. DLNA, NAA, Roon, Tidal) for purest performance
- USB and S/PDIF interfaces regulated by femto-precision GMT clock to eradicate jitter
- Active Noise Cancellation and iPurifier technologies remove distortion from the audio signal
- Dual-band Wi-Fi reception (2.4GHz and 5GHz) with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac support
The iFi ZEN Stream will be priced at $399 and will be available for pre-order at Audio 46.